Are you the one who is unable to open the Excel file due to corruption? Looking what goes wrong with your Excel file and how to open corrupted Excel file then this article is for you, here I will show you easy ways to open corrupt Excel file without any backup.
MS Excel is a useful but complex application and easily gets corrupted due to a minor mistake. Well, recovering the corrupt Excel file data is easy if you are having a healthy backup of the Excel file.
But what if you are not having any backup, then it is quite complicated to open corrupt Excel file without any backup and recover corrupted Excel file data.
Well, to repair corrupted/damaged Excel workbook there are many ways to recover corrupt Excel file without backup. But first it is recommended to make use of the inbuilt Open and Repair tool, this works for you to repair and recover Excel file data.
To open corrupt Excel file without any backup, we recommend this tool:
This software will prevent Excel workbook data such as BI data, financial reports & other analytical information from corruption and data loss. With this software you can rebuild corrupt Excel files and restore every single visual representation & dataset to its original, intact state in 3 easy steps:
- Download Excel File Repair Tool rated Excellent by Softpedia, Softonic & CNET.
- Select the corrupt Excel file (XLS, XLSX) & click Repair to initiate the repair process.
- Preview the repaired files and click Save File to save the files at desired location.
So, below check out the detailed steps to open corrupt Excel file without any backup.
Best Software To Open Corrupt Excel File Without Backup
Opening corrupt Excel file is not that tough task to perform as nowadays several Excel file repair tools available online to Extract Data From Corrupt Excel File.
Regarding this, i want to recommend you all to go with professional recommended Excel Recovery Tool. With the use of this tool you can easily open corrupt Excel file without any backup. Not only this it is also capable to repair corrupt, damaged Excel (XLS and XLSX) files and fix Excel errors as well.
With this, you can recover chart, chart sheet, table, cell comment, image, cell comment, formula, and sort & filter and all data components from corrupt Excel file. It is easy to use and support all Excel versions.
Why To Choose Excel Recovery Tool?
- Recovers all types of data saved in corrupt/damaged Excel file like tables, charts, formulas, comments, images, etc.
- This software easily operate both types of excel files (XLS and XLSX).
- Your worksheet cell formatting is completely preserved in your recovered item.
- This recovery tool works on both Mac and Windows platforms.
- All types of MS Excel corruption errors easily solved with this tool.
- Repair corrupt/damaged Excel files of entire versions from 2000 to 2019.
Steps to Utilize Excel Recovery Tool:
How To Open Corrupt Excel File Without Backup?
There are several unexpected reasons due to which the Excel file gets corrupted or damaged and in some cases, the user start getting the error message.
When the Excel file detects corruption on opening this automatically starts the File Recovery mode and try repairing the Excel workbook.
If File Recovery mode won’t start then the Excel file like XLS or XLSX corruption can be fixed by following certain easy fixes, so try the given tweaks one by one and restore Excel file.
Solution 1: Open and Repair Utility
You can make use of the inbuilt open and repair utility to repair damaged Excel workbook without any backup. Follow the steps to use the tool:
- Click MS Office > then Open
- And in the Open dialog box > select corrupt Excel file
- Click the arrow beside the Open tab > choose Open and Repair
- Now choose any one of the given options
- Click the Repair tab. (For recovering as much data as possible.)
- Or click Extract Data tab (You can use this to recover values and formulas from Excel file if the repair process fails to recover entire data.)
Hope this helps you to open corrupt Excel file without backup. But, in many cases, this fails to repair Excel file and recover corrupt Excel file without any backup.
Solution 2: Make use of the Excel AutoRecover and Autobackup Features
In Excel two features AutoRecover and AutoBackup are given for reducing the data loss chances in Excel files. So, here know how to use it to open corrupt Excel file without any backup.
- Excel AutoRecover – The Excel feature saves the Excel worksheets at a temporary location after some time. This saves the worksheets automatically and by default turned on for reducing the data loss chances. Well, the users can also create file recovery automatically during the intervals.
Here is the step to perform this:
- Open your Excel application first and tap to the File tab.
- Now from the file menu hit the options button.
- This will open the Excel options Window. On the same window’s left sidebar tap to the save option.
- Put check mark across both the option “Save AutoRecover information every” and “Keep the last AutoSaved version if I close without saving”. You can set time interval here.
However, in many cases it happens that the AutoRecover feature stopped working.
- Excel AutoBackup – This Excel feature is also important that reduces data loss chances by creating Excel backup. Well, this is not completely safe but may help in some case to restore Excel data without any backup.
Solution 3: Recover Excel Data From The TMP File
Microsoft is having AutoRecovery feature that helps you to automatically save Excel file as a temp file on Windows OS, if in case the office applications get corrupted or unable to open it then you can recover it.
Follow the steps to do so:
- First, open the temp folder location > locate the Excel temp files with TMP extension.
For Windows 8/10 users:
Go to – C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles
For Windows 7 users:
Go to – C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\
- Locate temporary Excel files begin with “$” or “~” > end with “.TMP”.
- Then copy the files > save to another Safe location > and change the extension from .TMP to .XLS/.XLSX.
Now you can recover corrupted/damaged XLS/XLSX file easily.
Solution 4: Open Excel File in Safe Mode
If you are able to access the Excel file in safe mode, then you have to disable add-ins from Microsoft Excel.
- Restart your PC in safe mode and check, if you are able to access the Excel file.
- Then click on files and then select the options.
- Then click on the Add-ins.
- You will see the option “Manage” at the bottom of the page, you have to make sure that it is set to “COM Add-ins” and then click “Go…”
- Then uncheck the“ABBYY FineReader xxxxxxx COM Add-in” and then select “OK”.
- Now restart you PC as normal, and you would be able to access the MS Excel File.
FAQ About Opening Corrupt Excel File
The Way Forward:
MS Excel is highly prone to corruption a minor mistake make the whole file corrupt and you are unable to open corrupt Excel file.
In many cases the users are reporting they are facing issue to open corrupt Excel file without any backup.
Hope the article helps you to open corrupt Excel file and recover data without any backup.
So, make sure to follow the given manual steps carefully and if nothing works make use of the Excel Recovery software as this offer maximum advantages and easy recovery.