Does your Excel application frequently showing Compile error can’t find project or library? Looking for some quick fixes to resolve can’t find project or library Excel error?
Here in this article, I have listed down some best possible fixes to troubleshoot Excel Macro Compile error. So go through it…!
What Is Excel Can’t Find Project Or Library Error?
It is found that Compile error can’t find project or library or Can’t find project or library Excel 2016 is faced by the users while using the VBA (Visual Basic Applications) for the macros to perform some assigned task.
Here follow the solution to fix Excel can’t find project or library, but before moving further know the common causes responsible for getting the error.
Why Excel Is Showing Can’t Find Project Or Library Error?
- This error is usually caused by the user’s Excel program. The reason is that your program is referenced to such object or library which is missing. Due to which your Excel program is unable to find it. So the program is unable to use VB or Micro-based functions or buttons. This leads to an error message appearance.
- Since there are standard libraries so missing a library sounds a bit of the least chance. Another reason for this, in that case, is that library miss-match occurs. For example, the user may have a library version of 2007 but the reference in the code may be looking for the 2010 version of that specific library. So the program fails to find the corresponding library thus issuing the compilation error.
- Sometimes a library may be toggled on or toggled off which causes a missing link issue between the library and program code. Therefore the compilation error occurs.
- Another reason for the error message is concerning the use of Microsoft XP which includes a reference to web service in the VBA project. When you run this project in MS Office 2003, same compilation error appears. The reason is the same i.e. object or type of library is missing (or not found).
How To Fix Excel Can’t Find Project or Library Error?
To fix Excel Can’t Find Project or Library error you have to search for the missing Excel VBA References and after that uncheck Excel references.
Method 1# Look For Missing Reference
Here are the fixes that you need to follow:
1. Open your Excel application and then press ALT and F11 keys on your keyboard.
2. On the opened VBA window go to the tools>References dialog box.
3. Choose the missing reference and then start your Object Browser.
4. Use the Browse dialog box to make a search for your missing reference.
5. Hit the OK button.
Repeat the preceding steps until all missing references are resolved.
Method 2# Disable Missing Type Or Object Library Option
Commonly, the application has lost the reference to an object or type library resulting in the above error while using barcode macro and native VBA Functions.
To fix the Macros Compile error, follow the steps:
- Open the Microsoft Excel file that is giving you the error message.
- Make sure the Excel sheet or Datasheet that has the buttons or functions in question is selected.
- Simultaneously press the ALT and F11 keys on your keyboard to switch to the Visual Basic Editor in a new window (as seen below).
- In the new Visual Basic Editor window, click on the Tools menu at the top of the screen, and then click.
- A References dialogue box will display on the screen. A missing type or object library is indicated by “MISSING:” followed by the name of the missing type or object library (an example is MISSING: Microsoft Excel 10.0 Object Library, as seen below).
- If there is a checkmark in the checkbox next to the missing type or object library, then un-check the checkbox.
- Click OK > Exit the Visual Basic Editor.
- Save the original Excel file.
- Try using the buttons or functions in question that previously didn’t work and they should now work normally.
An alternative for removing the reference is to restore the referenced file to the path specified in the references dialog box. If the referenced file is in a new location, clear the “Missing: ”reference and create a new reference to the file in its new location.
Automatic Solution: MS Excel Repair Tool
The above-mentioned manual solution will most probably sort out the issues and mentioned errors from the Excel file. But for any other corruption or file damage most suitable option would be to make use of MS Excel Repair Tool.
This is is highly competent in restoring corrupt Excel files and also retrieves data from worksheets like cell comments, charts, other data, and worksheet properties. This is a professionally designed program that can easily repair .xls and .xlsx files.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope doing this will help you to fix the error Can’t find project or library Excel 2016, but if not then make use of the automatic third-party tool, this will help you to solve the error.
I tried my best to provide ample information about vba can’t find project or library errors and fixes. However, if you are having any additional fixes or any query then please share them with us.