Are you the one struggling with the Excel cannot complete this task with available resources Error than this article is for you here check out the complete solutions to fix Excel cannot complete this task error.
MS Excel is a popular application used for storing crucial information. This helps the users to calculate, manipulate, organize and manage the data easily at one place. Both big and small organizations use Excel file for managing their data. But, this likes others MS office file too gets corrupted and cannot be opened.
Here in this article, we are going to describe Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications error message. This is a common error faced by the user when they try to open the excel file.
Well, this is a very irritating error so, here in this article check out the complete solutions to fix the error but before moving further check out the causes of the Excel cannot complete this task with available resources error message.
Causes of the Excel Error:
The error occurs generally during storing large data upon Excel file. For Eg. – data stored in the spreadsheet is more than 10,000 rows. Then this can make the Excel file corrupted or inaccessible and as a result, start showing Excel cannot complete this task with available resources error message.
Resolve Excel Cannot Complete this Task with Available Resources 2010/2013 Error:
Solution 1: Check Whether you Exceed Limits
As it is said above due storing large data upon Excel file users are getting an error message. So here it is recommended to check whether you exceed limits like you are running too many calculations in the workbook, storing plenty of data and many others.
Here check out the limit of Excel files:
- Excel worksheet maximum size limit is 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns.
- The number of characters a cell contain is 32,767 characters.
- In a calculation maximum selected range is 2,048.
- In a calculation maximum, nested level of functions is 64.
Well if your worksheet or workbook is not exceeding the limitations than go to the second solution
Solution 2: Disable Unwanted Formatting in Your Spreadsheet
Due to the unwanted formatting in the spreadsheet users are getting Excel cannot complete this task error. So here it is recommended to delete the unwanted formatting in Excel file.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Select all by pressing Ctrl + A
- Then on the right-hand side, click “Clear” and then click on “Clear Formats”.
Solution 3: Set Automatic Calculation to Manual
Excel calculates the formula automatically if any change is made by default. But for increasing the performance of Excel, the automatic calculation should be set to manual using steps given below:
- Click on “File” then click “Option”
- Under Calculation option select “Manual”
- Click OK
Please Note: – For performing any calculation manually go to “Formula” section and select “Calculate Now”.
You May Also Like:
- How To Recover Excel From The “Cannot Copy Xls” Error Message
- Fix Excel Error “Invalid XLS File Format” On Windows OS
- 7 Working Solutions to Fix Excel Opening Files To A Blank Screen
Solution 4: Disable Background or Startup Program Permanently
Follow the steps to disable background or startup program permanently.
- Press Windows key + R
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- In the “General” tab select “Selective Startup”.
- And, in the “Startup” tab, disable (uncheck) any items which are not needed.
- Now, in the “services” tab, select “Hide all Microsoft services”, then uncheck or disable any items which are not needed.
- Select “OK” and restart your computer.
Solution 5: Close Entire Active Applications
It is found that other active applications also cause the error and they also use the system memory at the time you are trying to utilize, open and save Excel workbook.
So, here it is recommended to close and exit entire applications except for Excel workbook. Well, you can close the application manually and if you are technically savvy than clean-boot your Windows system.
Solution 6: Change defined names to reference cells directly
If you have used a defined name to represent a cell, the range of cells, formula or constant value, then this is also responsible for getting the error. The error can occur if the define names indirectly refer to other nested names more than 20 levels deep.
So follow the steps:
- Add or utilize a name that exceeds indirection level in the formula
- Delete name referenced by more than 20 levels of defined names
Since to fix the error, change the defined names so that they reference given cells directly.
Solution 7: Turn Off Detail Pane and Preview Pane.
It is found that disabling the detail pane and preview pane the error is fixed.
- Press Window + R key > than in Run dialogue box > type excel > hit Enter.
- Now press CTRL + O Key > and in the Open window > click on the Organize button in the upper left corner > click Layout.
- After that uncheck Details pane and Preview pane.
Hope this works for but if not then have a look at your hardware and software specifications.
Solution 8: Upgrade Hardware & Software
- Increase your system Ram e.g. from 2 to 4 or 4 to 8.
- Upgrade your Excel to 64 bit, which takes benefit of more than 2 GB RAM and enables much larger workbooks.
Hope by following the given solution, error excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choose less data or close application is solved. But if in case not then make use of the third-party repair utility to fix the error easily.
Automatic Solution to Fix the Error:
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool, this is designed with the advanced algorithm to repair all sort of damages, corruption, and errors in the excel file. It is a unique tool that repairs multiple corrupted excel file at one time and also recovers everything included charts, cell comments, worksheet properties and other data. It can recover the corrupt excel file to a new blank file. This is extremely easy to use and supports both Windows as well as Mac operating system.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope by following this article the excel cannot complete this task with available resources 2010 is fixed.
Make use of the given solutions one by one and check which one works for you.
In this article, both the manual as well as automatic solutions are provided to get rid of the error.
You can make use of any solution according to your desire and start using your excel file without any hassle.
Additionally, if you are having any additional questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments section below or you can also visit our Repair MS Excel Ask Question