Are you the one facing content error in MS Excel 2013 “We found a problem with some content in <filename>”. Then this article is for you here check out the possible working solutions to fix Excel We found a problem with some content error. Also know the best way to recover entire data from corrupted Excel workbook.
About Excel We Found A Problem With Some Content Error:
After the occurrence of ‘Excel Found Problem with Some Content’ error you won’t be able to edit the document. Suppose, your Excel spreadsheet will receive the error message just before the document opens completely.
“We found a problem with some content in ‘.xlsx’. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes.”
When you tap the Yes button, the following notification will appear:
When you hit the Close button which is present at the sheet’s top just below the Excel ribbon. You will get the following error message
“AUTOSAVE TURNED OFF This workbook contains features that prevent it from using AutoSave. Please save your workbook manually.”
To recover lost Excel data, we recommend this tool:
This software will prevent Excel workbook data such as BI data, financial reports & other analytical information from corruption and data loss. With this software you can rebuild corrupt Excel files and restore every single visual representation & dataset to its original, intact state in 3 easy steps:
- Download Excel File Repair Tool rated Excellent by Softpedia, Softonic & CNET.
- Select the corrupt Excel file (XLS, XLSX) & click Repair to initiate the repair process.
- Preview the repaired files and click Save File to save the files at desired location.
What Type Of Content Error Occur In Excel?
The content error is faced by the users in different situations while opening Excel 2013 file like some are getting the error in OpenXML and some in opening XLSX error:
- We Found A Problem With Some Content In Excel 2013 OpenXML
- We Found A Problem With Some Content In Excel 2013 XLSX
Well, it doesn’t matter whether you are getting the content error in Excel 2013 while opening in OpenXML or XLXS, this can be fixed by following certain fixes.
Try the solution given below to resolve the problem with some content in Excel 2013 error.
What Causes ‘Excel Found Problem With Some Content’ Error?
The exact reason for Excel Found Problem With Some Content’ Error is still not clear yet. However, as per the user experience, I can tell you some most obvious reasons to encounter this error.
- There is something in the spreadsheet or a feature enabled that is stopping the AutoSave.
- Usually, it is seen that the error occurs due to the corruption of your Excel workbook and behind this corruption several reasons impart.
- You are trying to open your Excel file that is saved over the network shared drive.
- The string gets added in the Excel cell in place of numeric value.
- Formula’s Text values are exceeded to 255 characters.
How To Fix We Found A Problem With Some Content In Excel Error?
Take a quick glance over the fixes to resolve Excel found problem with some content error:
3: Copy XLS To Remove Unreadable Content Error
4: Use External References To Link To The Damaged Workbook
5: Make Use Of the Automatic Repair Utility
#1: Open File Recovery Mode
Excel File Recovery Mode is the recovery utility designed to automatically open the Excel workbook if any inconsistency is found in the worksheet.
However, if Excel fails to open the File Recovery Mode automatically then try opening it manually.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Click File menu > choose Open.
- Now in the Open dialog box > move to the folder location where the corrupt Excel file is saved.
- And choose the corrupt file > click on arrow sign presented next to Open button > select Open and Repair option.
- If you want to fix the maximum possible workbook > click Repair.
- Or if want to recover data from the workbook > choose Extract Data (this will extract the entire possible formulae and values from the workbook.)
Hope doing this will help you fix the error but if in case the workbook gets corrupted then this shows it has become inaccessible and was not opened.
#2: Set Calculation To Manual
Try setting the calculation option to manual from automatic in Excel for making the file accessible.
Doing this will stop the workbook from recalculating the values and might help you to open the Excel 2013 file.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Click on File and then click on New.
- Under New, click on the Blank workbook option.
- Then click on the File menu and click on Options.
- Under the Formulas category, pick Manual in Calculation options and click on OK.
- Click on the File menu and then click Open.
- Navigate to the corrupt workbook and then double-click to open.
#3: Copy XLS To Remove Unreadable Content Error
If you are facing the error “We found a problem with some content in <filename>. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes” while trying to open Excel 2013 workbook, then try to make it read-only to recover its entire content.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Excel 2013 workbook in ‘read-only’ mode > try copying its entire contents.
- Now create a new workbook > paste the entire contents from the corrupted file to the new file.
Also Read: FIX: Excel Found Unreadable Content In Filename .xls Error
#4: Use External References To Link To The Damaged Workbook
Well, if none of the above-given solutions will help you to fix Excel we found a problem with some content error then here try the last manual solution.
Make use of external references to link to the damaged workbook, to fix Excel unreadable content error.
Please Note: Implementing this will help you to recover data content only, the formulas or the calculated values are not
Follow the steps to do so:
- Click on File > Open > locate the corrupt file saved folder.
- Now right-click file > click on Copy from context menu > Cancel.
- Again, click File > New > under New option > click Blank workbook.
- Now in the cell A1 of the new workbook > type =File Name!A1 (the File Name indicates the name of the corrupted workbook copied in step 2).
- If Update Values box appears > click the corrupt workbook > OK.
- If Select Sheet box appears > click the appropriate sheet > OK.
- Next choose cell A1 > click Home > click on Copy (or, Ctrl +C).
- Starting in cell A1 > choose the same size area as that of the cell range in the damaged workbook.
- Click on Home > choose Paste (or Ctrl + V).
- Keep the range of cells selected > click on Home > Copy.
- Lastly, click on Home > click the arrow linked with Paste > under Paste Values click on Values.
Doing this will remove the corrupt workbook link, only content data is left
Hope after following the manual fixes the Excel 2013 content error is resolved but if not then make use of the automatic repair utility to fix the error.
#5: Make Use Of the Automatic Repair Utility
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool to repair corrupt, damaged as well as errors in Excel files. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt Excel files including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. With the help of this, you can fix all sorts of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks.
This is a unique tool to repair multiple excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating systems. This supports the entire Excel version and the demo version is free.
Steps To Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope after following the given fixes the Excel 2013 content error is resolved.
Make use of the given solutions one by one and check if this helped you to fix Excel we found a problem with some content error and recovers the data stored in it.
However, if none of the manual solutions worked for you then try to automatic repair utility to fix the error and recover the entire data stored in it.
Additionally, Excel is an essential application and used in daily life, so it is recommended to handle the Excel file properly and follow the best preventive steps to protect your Excel files from getting corrupted.
Despite it, always create a valid backup of active workbook in Excel and as well scan your system with a good antivirus program for virus and malware infection.