Today in this article I am going to discuss about “Excel errors were detected while saving”. Go through the given fixes to resolve errors were detected while saving Excel file.
What Does Errors Were Detected While Saving Excel Signifies?
This is a common error message faced by the user when they try to copy some figures from the first file and makes several attempts to close it. But fails with the error message: Excel Errors Were Detected While Saving.
“Errors were detected while saving ‘[path\Filename]’. Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.”
It is clearly visible in the most instances, where the parent file does not close and also do not allow to save any changes either in the path or in the filename.
Well, it is seen that there are many cases when the MS Excel 2013 files get corrupted and start crashing, not responding or stop working and even show various errors.
Let’s move on to the next very important topic, that is what causes Excel errors were detected while saving.
To recover lost Excel data, we recommend this tool:
This software will prevent Excel workbook data such as BI data, financial reports & other analytical information from corruption and data loss. With this software you can rebuild corrupt Excel files and restore every single visual representation & dataset to its original, intact state in 3 easy steps:
- Download Excel File Repair Tool rated Excellent by Softpedia, Softonic & CNET.
- Select the corrupt Excel file (XLS, XLSX) & click Repair to initiate the repair process.
- Preview the repaired files and click Save File to save the files at desired location.
What Causes Excel Error Were Detected While Saving?
The Excel file not saving error in Excel sheet appears due to different technical hitches. Here follow the main causes responsible for technical issues:
- Due to version incompatibility issues.
- Excel Large File Sizes issues.
- Also due to large images and other Excel file properties.
- Windows Server issues.
- Even the file sharing also causes the issue.
Now that you know what causes Excel errors were detected while saving, so go ahead and try the solutions to get rid of this error.
How To Fix Errors Were Detected While Saving Excel?
Try the below given fixes to resolve errors were detected while saving Excel file.
1: Install Hotfix Package
To fix the error simply install the hotfix package. But it is recommended this is quite risky as it can cause a serious problem if any registry goes wrong. So, make a complete back-up of the system to prevent any issues in future.
Follow the steps to perform the installation of hotfix package:
- First, click Start > Run. Type regedit in the Open box > click OK.
- Now, locate and select the following registry:
- Point to New > click DWORD (32-bit) value on the Edit menu.
- And type FullLoadImagesOnFileLoad and hit ENTER.
- Now from Details, right click FullLoadImagesOnFileLoad > click Modify.
- Type 1 in Value Data Box and hit OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Well, this looks like an easy solution but if anything goes wrong in the registry then might cost more than you deserve. However to repair corrupted registry issues you can make use of the automatic Registry Repair Tool.
2: Open VBE (Visual Basic Editor)
This method is only applicable if your file is having macros in which you are getting the error “Microsoft excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing”.
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open your Excel file and press Alt + F11 key this will open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor).
- Make a tap over the + button of VBA Project.
- Now enter the password for opening up the VBA Project and then hit the OK.
- Tap to the Tools>References.
- Tap over any reference to make a check and then hit the OK.
- Take exit from VBE Window and for this you have to make a tap over the Close button which is present at the upper right section of screen.
- Now get back to your Excel window and again try to save your Excel file. This time your file will be saved successfully.
3: Discard Changes And Save Excel File
You can also try the second solution to fix errors were detected while saving Excel.
Try saving your data in new Excel document or else discard the changes and repair the original document
4: Save Data In New Excel Document
For saving the changes to your document, copy the worksheets you change to a new Excel document and save it.
- First copy entire content to the new file.
- And save under new version of Excel.
- Now, rename the existing file.
5: Delete Any Visual Basic for Applications
It is also found that the Excel 2013 error is fixed by deleting the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) projects from your document. So simply delete the VBA project of your document and try saving the Excel 2013 files.
Hope the given manual solution will help you to fix the Errors Detected While Saving Excel 2013 but if not then it is worth to make use of the automatic repair tool.
6: Use Excel Repair Software To Fix Excel File Saving Errors
When all the above given fixes fails to work in resolving Excel saving errors then the chances are high that your application is experiencing some corruption issue.
To deal with such instances, the best option is to use a reliable repair tool. You can make use of the MS Excel Repair Tool to fix the Excel 2013 saving errors This is the best tool to repair all sort of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data.
This is a unique tool to repair multiple excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating system. This supports the entire Excel versions.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Thanks for reading the article. Hope after reading the article you are able to fix the error message: Errors were Detected While Saving Excel 2013 files.
I tried my best to provide the complete information about the error and the solution to fix it. You can make use of the manual solution to fix the error…
But if this won’t help you then go for the automatic solution and save the changes made to your Excel 2013 file without any hassle.
In case you have any additional workarounds that proved successful or questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comment section.