Troubled with the Excel Superscript not working problem and wondering why doesn’t superscript work in Excel, this article tutorial is for you.
In Excel, Superscripts are used for highlighting the special information in mathematical equations, tables, or molecular formulas. But many Excel users are unable to format text or numbers as Superscripts.
So, if you are also struggling with the same problem, this article is for you. Here we have demonstrated four potential fixes for the Excel superscript not working problem.
Read the article carefully and easily fix superscript-adding problems, even in big datasets. But before starting with the solutions to apply Superscript in Excel, it is important to understand why superscript won’t work in Excel.
Why is Superscript Not Working in Excel?
The main reason responsible for the problem is the cell format; if the cell on which you are trying to add the superscript is not formatted as Text, you cannot add the superscript.
To add superscript in Excel, the cell must be formatted as Text. The superscript is added to the data in the cell, which Excel reads as text.
So, the problem is mainly related to the cell format in Excel. Luckily, there are different tricks that help you to fix Excel Superscript not working problem.
How to Fix Excel Superscript Not Working?
#1: By Using Format Cells
As the problem is related to the cell format, it is suggested to use the format cells option and select the right cell format.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Type the complete data value first, then choose the cell you wish to make superscript.
- Right-click on it and choose Format Cells.
- Now, check the Superscript option and click OK in the Format Cells window.
- Press Enter to complete the data conversion to a superscript, which should go smoothly.
#2: By Using Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar enables quick access to Excel’s most frequently used commands. This toolbar can be altered so that we can select the commands we use the most frequently. Then, we may use any portion of the application to access these commands. If the standard techniques fail, we can set superscript using this QAT. Let’s try to figure this out.
- Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar icon at the top of the screen to begin using this technique.
- Next, select More Commands.
- Next, choose Superscript and click Add in the Excel Options window.
- Click OK.
- Then, as shown in the image below, choose the data value to be converted to superscript and click the Superscript icon.
- The number 2 should now be a superscript as a result.
Finally, you will now superscript Excel data without any problem.
#3: By Inserting Superscript from Equation
Another trick to do a superscript in Excel is to use superscript equations directly. This allows you to select the correct cell format on which superscript will be applied,
Follow the steps given to do so:
- Choose Equation from the Symbols section of the Insert menu.
- Click Superscript here, then click Script.
- The formula must then be completed with the values shown in the image below.
- To establish the numbers as superscripts, repeat the previous procedures for all the other cells.
- As you can see, using this technique to add superscripts quickly.
#4: By Using Ink Equation
The Ink Equation feature in Excel will be used in the final method to attempt to resolve Excel superscript not working issue. See the steps listed below:
- To do this, select the Equation symbol from the Symbols section of the Insert tab.
- Next, select Ink Equation.
- Draw the base number and the superscript using the mouse, then click Insert in the Math Input Control window.
- Now you will see the problem is resolved, and you will be able to add superscript in Excel.
So, this is all you need to try to resolve the superscript not working in Excel problem.
Recommended Solution to Recover Corrupted Excel File Data
Excel is a crucial file, and while performing any task, many times the Excel file gets corrupted and the data gets deleted unexpectedly. Then here it is suggested to use the professionally recommended MS Excel Repair Tool. It is a special tool specifically designed to repair corrupt or damaged files so that one can easily continue to work on that file.
It can easily repair corrupt Excel file and also recover everything, which includes cell comments, charts, worksheet properties, and other related data. The corrupted Excel file can be restored to a new blank Excel file.
It can recover the complete data from the file and restore them even without modifying the original formatting.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
This is all about how to fix Excel Superscript not working problem, try the solutions given one by one to resolve the problem, and add Superscript in Excel data.
I hope our guide turns out to be useful for you.