Are you the one struggling with Excel OLE action error and looking for the ways to deal with it, then this is the right place.
Here check out the complete information about Excel OLE action error and how to get rid of it…
MS Excel is a very popular application and used for carrying out various functions. But sometimes this crucial application easily gets corrupted and starts showing Excel waiting for OLE action error.
What Is An OLE Action?
OLE stands for Object Linking and Embedding action; this is developed by Microsoft and let the Office application to corporate with other applications. This permits an editing application to send part of the document to other apps and after that import and take it back with more content
For instance: When Excel tries to communicate with PowerPoint, it delivers the command to the OLE object and waits for PowerPoint to the response.
To recover lost Excel data, we recommend this tool:
This software will prevent Excel workbook data such as BI data, financial reports & other analytical information from corruption and data loss. With this software you can rebuild corrupt Excel files and restore every single visual representation & dataset to its original, intact state in 3 easy steps:
- Download Excel File Repair Tool rated Excellent by Softpedia, Softonic & CNET.
- Select the corrupt Excel file (XLS, XLSX) & click Repair to initiate the repair process.
- Preview the repaired files and click Save File to save the files at desired location.
Why Does OLE Error Emerge?
Well, the OLE Action Excel error appears when the response does not arrive within a specific time period. As a result, it starts showing Excel OLE action error:
Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action.
Screenshot Of The OLE Action Excel Error:
What Are the Causes of Excel OLE Action Error?
Well, there are three common reasons behind getting the Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action message:
These are some common reasons which trigger this particular Excel waiting for ole action error.
- The very first reason for getting this ole action excel error is because of the disabling of DDE Protocol from Excel’s settings.
- Adding plenty of add-ins to the application and among then some are corrupted.
- Due to the installation of corrupted MS Office suit. To fix this out you need to either reinstall or repair the complete MS Office installation.
- When Excel try opening file created in other application or obtain data from an active one.
- Chances are also that Adobe Acrobat PDFMaker add-in is frequently conflicting with the Excel application.
- Using Excel ‘Send as Attachment’ option for sending an Excel sheet in an email.
Well, these are some of the common reasons for the Excel OLE action error. So here check out the ways to fix Excel is waiting for the OLE action issue.
How To Fix Excel Is Waiting For OLE Action Error?
The common solution to fix the error Restarting your system and try again. Now check whether the Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an ole action is fixed or not.
If the problem continues, try the given workarounds.
Solution 1: Enable the “Ignore other application that use DDE” feature
It is found that many users are getting the error due to the DDE application feature. So, here it is recommended to enable the “Ignore other application that use DDE” feature.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Excel sheet > go to File menu > click Options.
- Now go to the Advanced tab > scroll down to the General area.
- Here check-mark the “Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)” option
- And restart Excel file.
Now check whether the Excel waiting for OLE action error is fixed or not. If not then try the second solution
Solution 2: Disable add-ins
As I said above the users are getting the Excel OLE action error due to plenty of add-ins and commonly due to the corrupted ones.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Open Excel sheet > go to File menu > click Options
- Now click on Add-ins > choose Excel add-ins > click on Go button.
- And uncheck all boxes > click OK.
Hope this works for you to fix Excel OLE action error.
Solution 3: Use Other Ways To Attach Excel Workbook
While trying to use Excel’s “Send Using Email” option leads the error, so here it is recommended to try other ways to attach Excel workbook.
Try sending your Excel workbook by attaching it to an email as a file in Outlook or Hotmail or any other email app to fix the issue.
Well, it is estimated after following the above-given solution the Excel waiting for OLE action error is resolved. But if not then make use of the automatic MS Excel Repair Tool.
Solution 4: Disable Compatibility Mode
Some Excel users have successfully overcome this Excel ole action error by disabling the compatibility mode. Mainly this happens due to user intervention or 3rd party application. So if your Excel is also running in the compatibility mode then disable it once and check whether the OLE action error has been resolved or not.
Here is the quick guide to perform the task of disabling Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the Excel executable or Excel shortcut icon after then choose the Properties.
- In your opened window of Properties, hit the Compatibility Now uncheck the option “Run this program in compatibility mode”.
Automatic Solution: MS Excel Repair Tool
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool to repair corrupt, damaged as well as errors in Excel file. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. With the help of this, you can fix all sorts of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks.
This is a unique tool to repair multiple Excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating systems. This supports the entire Excel versions and the demo version is free.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Well, this is all about the Excel OLE action error.
OLE is an important function that helps the application to communicate with one other by delivering the commands but sometimes this won’t deliver respond and start showing error.
Here I tried my best to put together the complete information about OLE action and how to fix Excel waiting for OLE action error.
Additionally, Excel is an essential application and used in daily life, so it is recommended to handle the Excel file properly and follow the best preventive steps to protect your Excel files from getting corrupted.
Despite it, always create a valid backup of your crucial Excel data and as well scan your system with a good antivirus program for virus and malware infection.