MS Excel is an electronic spreadsheet program used world widely for storing, organizing and manipulating data. This is highly useful but there are situations seen when the excel file gets corrupted and data stored in it become inaccessible. There are many unpleasant reasons behind the corruption of the Excel workbook data. Here in this article know how to repair corrupted excel workbook data.
Reason Behind The Corruption Of The Excel Workbook Data
- Commonly due to mishandling by the applications that reads or writes open XML Files.
- Due to sudden power failure or an unexpected damage of power equipment
- Due to virus/malware
- Any kind of defect in the Excel application
- Hardware failure
- Abruptly system shutdown can damage the excel file
- Sudden close in the Excel file can corrupt the workbook
- Bad sector in the storage media
Well, these are common reason due to which the excel file gets corrupted and the workbook data becomes inaccessible. MS Excel automatically switches to File Recovery Mode, when the user tries to open a corrupted excel file and simultaneously repair excel workbook. But, the fact is that MS Excel not always starts file recovery mode automatically on its own. You can repair excel file manually or recover damaged workbook data from it. However, if the manual solution won’t work to repair the excel file then make use of the automatic solution to repair the corrupted excel workbook data.
Please Note: However to overcome this type of situation it is recommended to create a recent backup copy of the workbook. If you forgot to create the backup manually then set it to automatically create a recovery file at regular interval of time.
Not happy with your MS Excel performance?Don't Miss The BEST TOOL To FIX .xls/.xlsx Errors & Issues
Way to Verify If the Workbook Repair Automatically By MS Excel:
Excel keeps a record in the application temp folder, which can be recovered only if the disk is not cleaned by the user. Here know how to check whether the Excel workbook has been repaired automatically or not. Follow the process:
Manual Ways to Retrieve Damaged Excel Workbook Data:
#1: Open and Repair Utility
Make use of the inbuilt Open and Repair utility to fix the damaged excel workbook:
- Press “Open” in the File tab.
- Select the corrupted workbook that you need to open in the Open dialogue box.
- Press the arrow next to the Open button, and press “Open and Repair”.
- In order to recover data as much as possible, press “Repair” button.
- If you need to extract values and formulas from the workbook and attempt repairing the workbook is not successful, press on “Extract Data”.
If you are still unable to rescue corrupt workbook data then follow the second solution.
#2: Try the Microsoft Office Tools
If still, Excel can’t open the corrupted workbook, then in this make use of the Microsoft Office Tools to restore workbook data:
- Select All Programs from the start menu.
- And choose Microsoft Office> Microsoft Office Tools.
- Select Microsoft Office Application Recovery.
- In the resulting dialog box, choose Microsoft Office Excel.
- Now click on Recover Application. This process might take a couple of minutes.
- And, respond to the Send Report To Microsoft prompt.
The recovery tool will close the Excel file and restart it, showing a list of recovered workbooks. Check your corrupted file and open it to verify it is repaired or not.
Well, it is hoped that given manual solution will help you to repair the corrupt Excel file but if not then make use of the automatic solution.
Automatic Solution to Repair The Damaged Excel Workbook:
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool, this is designed with the advanced algorithm to repair all sort of damages, corruption, and errors in the excel file. It is a unique tool that can repair multiple corrupted excel file at one time and also recover everything included charts, cell comments, worksheet properties and other data. This can recover the corrupt excel file to a new blank file. It is extremely easy to use and supports both Windows as well as Mac operating system.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope that given solution will help you to fix corrupted excel workbook data. Here we have given manual solution you can utilize then to fix the issue. But if this won’t work or you are unable to utilize the manual solution then make use of the automatic repair tool and recovers the entire data easily.