Does your gridline missing in Excel worksheet? Due to this, are you facing difficulty in reading data across the rows?
Gridlines are actually very important in an Excel worksheet as it works like a cell divider. These gridlines help in the easy distinguishing of cells from each other so that the data will look more legible.
So if you are facing missing gridlines in Excel worksheet then don’t get tensed because it’s possible to get them back.
For this, I have outlined some best tricks to solve the mystery of gridlines missing in Excel worksheet.
How To Fix Missing Gridlines In Excel Issue?
Here are the following fixes that you must try to fix gridlines missing in Excel worksheet.
Trick 1: Best Software To Fix Excel Missing Gridlines Issue
Mostly this type of missing data or damaged worksheet issue raises when the corruption issue hits your Excel sheet.
So, the first solution which I want to recommend is repairing your corrupt Excel file. For this, the best-recommended solution is using Excel Repair software.
It is the best tool for the recovery of corrupt Excel workbook data and to avoid permanent data loss situations.
To fix corrupt XLS and XLSX file you can go with this professional recommended Excel File Repair software. This is the best tool that helps you to repair and recover corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible data in XLS and XLSX files.
Why To Choose Excel File Repair Software?
- Completely preserve entire worksheet properties like freeze panes, split, gridlines, formula bar, and cell formatting.
- Fix all types of Excel corruption errors.
- Shows real-time preview of all the recoverable items from your corrupt xlsx/xls files before starting up the recovery procedure.
- Does easy recovery of all your Excel workbook tables, sorts, and filters, chart sheets, formulas, cell comments, charts, images, etc.
- Well, compatibility and support for both Mac/Windows.
- Repair single and multiple XLSX/ XLS files in one go.
- Well support for all MS Excel versions: 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007/ 2003 / 2000.
Steps To Utilize Excel File Repair Software:
2. Set The Default Color Of Gridlines
By default, Excel gives the greyish color of gridlines. So you need to get ensure that the color won’t get changed to white.
The reason behind this is, white gridlines won’t appear on white background. Here are the steps that you need to follow for changing the grid color back to the default one:
1: Go to the File -> Options.
2: Now hit the “Advanced” tab and then scroll down in the section “Display options for this worksheet”.
3: Now hit the drop-down arrow sign present next to the gridlines color option. After that from the opened box of colors choose the automatic option or else you can select any other colors also.
See here from this box, you can choose different types of colors if you wish.
3. Remove White Borders
Check whether your gridlines is having the right property set assigned or not. Besides this whether it is marked for visibility or not.
Chances are also that you are getting these missing gridlines in Excel issue because of the white-colored cell borders. So you have to remove the cell borders to fix this issue.
1: Hit the “Ctrl + A” to choose entire cells. Make a right-tap over the “Format Cells” option.
2: Tap to the “Border” tab and then get ensure that none of the borders are in the active status.
4. Avoid Color Overlay
Most of the time we use different colors to highlight a particular set of data. When colors get covered, gridlines go hidden under them.
If none of the colors are appearing then it may have a chance that the color which is selected for the overlay is the white one.
Step 1: Hit the Ctrl + A button to choose entire cells.
Step 2: Tap to the Home tab. Now from the “color fill” option choose “No Fill”.
5. Remove Conditional Formatting
If some type of conditional formatting is applied on the worksheet for hiding worksheet gridlines.
Follow this step: Home -> Styles -> Conditional Formatting -> Clear Rules
By choosing the clearing rules option you are clearing the entire set of rules along with the one you are willing to remove. So it will be better if you manage rules and extract from the detail whether there are some settings to remove particular formattings.
6. Hide Gridlines Of Rows and Columns
In some cases, you want to remove certain sections of gridlines to give visual emphasis to the viewers.
- Select the cells group from which you are willing to remove gridlines.
- Make a right-click over the highlighted cells and then choose Format Cells options. Press the Ctrl+1 button to get into the menu section.
- In the opened dialog box of Format Cells go to the Border tab.
- Choose the white color from the drop-down menu. After that choose the Inside and Outside option from the Presets.
- Hit the OK button to make a confirmation about your selections.
7. Turn Gridlines On/Off For Entire Worksheet
If you are having a spreadsheet in which gridlines are removed or it is made invisible. Mainly there are two options to easily restore gridlines of the entire worksheet.
- Open Excel spreadsheet from which gridlines are removed.
- You have to select more than one worksheet. After that press the CTRL button of your keyboard to choose related sheets from the workbook bottom.
- Choose the View tab and after that choose the Gridline option for restoring all the gridlines.
- Besides this, choose Page Layout and then from the Gridlines settings choose the view tab.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question):
So for the next time when you face this issue of missing gridlines in Excel at least, you know very well what you have to do.
Besides this, remember one thing that setting is applied to only one sheet in a single piece of time.
Follow the given steps carefully and if you are a novice user then make use of the automatic Excel File Repair tool to resolve gridlines won’t appear in Excel issues.