This blog is written with the main objective to figure out why my Excel cannot save as pdf. So, if anyone of you dealing with Excel save as pdf not showing an issue then must read this post. This post covers all the essential detail required to fix save as pdf not showing in Excel problem.
Apart from, this, we will discuss several aspects how to save selection or entire workbook as PDF in Excel? Or how to enable PDF file in Excel.
Why Save As PDF Not Working In Excel?
Excel cannot save as PDF problem mainly occurs after upgrading or updating the Microsoft Office or Office 365 application like shifting to the Office 365. After that, you will notice Excel save as pdf option not available.
To recover data from from corrupt Excel file, we recommend this tool:
This software will prevent Excel workbook data such as BI data, financial reports & other analytical information from corruption and data loss. With this software you can rebuild corrupt Excel files and restore every single visual representation & dataset to its original, intact state in 3 easy steps:
- Download Excel File Repair Tool rated Excellent by Softpedia, Softonic & CNET.
- Select the corrupt Excel file (XLS, XLSX) & click Repair to initiate the repair process.
- Preview the repaired files and click Save File to save the files at desired location.
How To Fix Excel Save As PDF Not Showing?
If you are unable to fix Excel save as pdf not showing issue then try the listed solutions to avoid this issue in an easy manner.
Method 1# Repair Installation
- Close previously opened Adobe or MS Office applications.
- In the start menu, search box type “Adobe Acrobat”.
- From the list open the Adobe Acrobat DC.
- Choose the “Help” tab which is present on the top section of the window.
- After that choose the “Repair Installation” option.
Method 2# Export As PDF
When the save as pdf not showing in Excel in that case you can try exporting your Excel file as PDF format.
Here are the steps to export the Excel files as a PDF.
- Make a tap over the File tab from the Excel ribbon.
- Now hit the Export
- Choose the Create PDF/XPS Document.
- Hit the Create PDF/XPS
- After that open the Publish as PDF or XPS menu, this is similar like Save As menu. Choose the location to publish and access advanced PDF Options.
Method 3# Publish As PDF Quick Access Toolbar Command
Another option that you can try is publishing the PDF command in the quick access toolbar.
- Make a right-click anywhere on the quick access toolbar and after that from the menu choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
- It will open the window of Excel Options. From the right side, pane choose the Quick Access Toolbar
- Now from “choose command from” section select All Commands.
- Scroll down on this page and then choose Publish as PDF or XPS.
- Hit the Add button for adding up the command for adding up command in the Quick Access Toolbar commands selection.
- Hit the Ok.
After doing this, you will be able to use this command for publishing Excel file as PDF documents from the Quick Access Toolbar.
Now that you know how to deal with this Excel save as pdf not showing the issue. So try the given fixes to get rid of excel save as pdf option not available problem.
The above-mentioned manual solution will most probably sort out the issues and mentioned errors from the Excel file. But for any other corruption or file damage most suitable option would be to make use of MS Excel Repair Tool.
This is is highly competent in restoring corrupt Excel files and also retrieves data from worksheets like cell comments, charts, and other data and worksheet properties. This is a professionally designed program that can easily repair .xls and .xlsx files.