Does your Excel frequently showing We couldn’t free up space on the clipboard error every time when you perform tasks like cut, copy or paste?
If you are unaware of the reason why you are getting such couldn’t Free Up Space On The Clipboard error?
Or how to fix we couldn’t free up space on the clipboard. Another program might be using it right now error?
To get answers to all such queries just go through this post.
To recover lost Excel data, we recommend this tool:
This software will prevent Excel workbook data such as BI data, financial reports & other analytical information from corruption and data loss. With this software you can rebuild corrupt Excel files and restore every single visual representation & dataset to its original, intact state in 3 easy steps:
- Download Excel File Repair Tool rated Excellent by Softpedia, Softonic & CNET.
- Select the corrupt Excel file (XLS, XLSX) & click Repair to initiate the repair process.
- Preview the repaired files and click Save File to save the files at desired location.
Circumstances Under Which Excel Clipboard Error Occur?
Following are the circumstances under which Excel we couldn’t free up space on the clipboard error occurs:
- Can’t open the clipboard error in Excel will appear and crash the current program window.
- Your PC crashes frequently showing the cannot open the clipboard error in Excel while running the same program.
- Your windows run too slow and the keyboard takes input so sluggish.
- Can’t open the clipboard error also occurs when your Windows operating system becomes corrupted. OS will be slower and response time will lag. When running too many applications, you may experience crashes and freezes.
Why Excel Is Showing Couldn’t Free Up Space On Clipboard Error?
Following are some most common reasons for We couldn’t free up space on the clipboard error in Excel.
- The clipboard error in Excel 2016 and 2013 error may be caused due to the Windows system files damage.
- Due to several events system file error occurs. Such as incomplete installation, abrupt uninstalling, improper deletion of software or applications, etc.
- Deletion or corruption of Windows system files also results in missing or improperly linked information and files required for the right working of applications.
- The clipboard in Excel 2013 error is the Hexadecimal format of the error caused.
- This error code is used by windows and other windows compatible software and driver vendors. We couldn’t free up space on the clipboard Excel 2016 or Excel 2013 error code has a numeric error and technical descriptions. These additional hexadecimal codes are the address of the memory locations where the instruction appears during the occurrence of the error.
How To Fix Excel We Couldn’t Free Up Space On The Clipboard Error?
While dragging the cells or merging the cells in Excel 2016 and 2013 the clipboard error appears. There could be any reason for this error message and it occurs when the memory usage gets excessive.
This case mainly occurs when you are using Skype, team viewer, Zone alarm, Multimon Taskbar, Bing desktop toolbar, Ask Toolbar.
So try out the following solutions to free up space on the clipboard.
Solution 1: Look Into Event Viewer
1: look into the event viewer for the error code. You can type Eventvwr.msc in Run Window.
2: Open the taskbar and close and exit from that process that might cause the issue.
3: This possibly uninstalls that entire program mentioned above to check the status.
You must also try to increase the virtual memory of your computer to fix Excel couldn’t free up space on clipboard error.
- For this, you need to make a right-click on the My Computer-> Properties.
- Tap to the Advanced tab and hit the settings option present under the performance section.
- Hit the Visual Effects and choose the option “adjust for best performance”.
Solution 3: Check Software Installation
If you have recently installed any software then check the following:
- Firstly open the “Control Panel“.
- Select “Programs” > “Uninstall a Program“.
- Sort the list by “Installed On“.
- If another new program gets installed that may cause the issue, you may want to experiment with uninstalling it to clear this problem.
Solution 4: Stop Keeping Copy Of Snips In The Clipboard
Windows snipping tools sometimes cause the above clipboard error in Excel.
Snipping Tool facilitates users with the option to take screenshots by choosing any particular area or the entire screen. So chances are high that your clipboard gets full with the copy of snips and thus you are getting such type of error.
So to fix this, follow the below steps:
- Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard. Now in the opened Run Window, you need to type “snippingtool” and hit the OK button.
- Open Snipping Tool > Options > Uncheck “Always copy snips to the Clipboard”.
Solution 5: Open Clipboard In Windows
Another option that you can try is opening of the clipboard in Windows and remains it opened.
Doing this will surely help you to resolve Clipboard Error in Excel.
- Go to the start menu and in the run box type clipbrd.exe. This will open the Clipboard.
- Or else you can go to the Windows\System32 directory and make a double tap on the exe.
Solution 6: Verify The Remote Desktop Application
It’s time to do some work smartly. Firstly you need to start your Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or by CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
- After that select Start Task Manager option (or make a right-click on Windows Task Bar and select the Start Task Manager). Now go to the processes tab.
The remote desktop application is the known culprit. You can try locating rdclip.exe and close it.
Solution 7: Hide Microsoft Services
- Above the window, the icon looks into the Services tab and types msconfig.exe in the search files/programs box.
- Make a check on the option “Hide all Microsoft Services”.
- This will help you to hide the Microsoft Services from the appearing list.
- Well, you have the option to disable/enable these services one by one just as we have done in step 2, and check whether your problem is resolved or still persists.
- After disabling a service, restart your excel to determine if the problem has gone or not. In this way, you can easily find the culprit application.
Hope after following the given manual solutions you are able to fix the Excel We couldn’t free up space on the clipboard error. But if not then, in this case, make use of the automatic solution to get rid of the We couldn’t free up space on the clipboard Excel 2016 and 2013 error.
Go With The Recommended Option MS Excel Repair Tool
Apart from this clipboard error if you are getting any other corruption or file damage issue then fix it by using the expert’s recommended option i.e MS Excel Repair Tool.
This is highly competent in restoring corrupt Excel files and also retrieves data from worksheets like cell comments, charts, and other data and worksheet properties. It is a professionally designed program that can effectively work to fix corrupt .xls and .xlsx files.
Steps To Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
I tried my best to provide ample information about Excel couldn’t free up space on clipboard error. So make use of the given solution to fix We couldn’t free up space on the clipboard error.