In Excel, hyperlinks are useful, but sometimes they become very irritating as they may cause clutter if you want to keep the data organized.
Also, by default Excel convert the entire URLs and the email address into clickable hyperlinks, which is a bit annoying. Luckily there are ways to disable and remove hyperlinks in Excel.
In the article tutorial, learn the easy ways to remove hyperlinks in an Excel worksheet.
How to Remove all Hyperlinks in a Few Steps?
Here find out the easy ways to remove Hyperlinks.
- You can select the full column with hyperlinks by clicking any cell with data and pressing Ctrl+Space.
- “Remove hyperlinks” can be chosen from the context menu by right-clicking on any selected cell.
- And all the hyperlinks are removed.
How to Remove Hyperlinks in Excel using VBA?
Suppose you are still utilizing an earlier version of Excel. Or perhaps you have used the right-click context menu too frequently because your workbook contains many hyperlinks.
In this case, you can use VBA macro code to remove multiple hyperlinks in Microsoft Excel.
- To open your VBA editor, press Alt+F11.
- Double-click on ThisWorkbook in the Project Window that is now visible in the VBA editor’s left-hand corner.
- Next, copy and paste the listed VBA code into the Module window:
‘ VBA Code to Remove all Hyperlinks in Excel
Dim Ws As Worksheet
On Error Resume Next
For Each Ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
- To run the VBA code module, press F5.
- This will instantly erase all of the hyperlinks from your workbook. They are no longer a concern for you. But bear in mind that this action cannot be undone. Ctrl+Z cannot be used to reverse the removal of hyperlinks.
This VBA code can be saved as a simple, click-and-forget button on the QAT (Quick Access toolbar). This is an easy trick to remove all the hyperlinks from the excel spreadsheet in just a few clicks.
- Close the VBA editor window after adding the VBA code module.
- Select More Commands by clicking the Customize Quick Access Toolbar
- Choose Macros from the drop-down list under Choose commands from the drop-down list in the Excel Options box.
- Select the VBA code module that we just added by scrolling down and doing so.
- Click OK after selecting Add.
- Just that. The Quick Access toolbar will receive a quick-access button for running this VBA code.
These are the 2 detailed ways to remove clickable hyperlinks in Excel.
How to Remove Multiple Hyperlinks Excel?
Only one built-in function in Excel 2000-2007 allows you to erase several hyperlinks at once. Here is a quick tip that will help you get around this restriction. It works in Excel 2019, 2016, and 2013 as well.
- Choose a blank cell somewhere outside of your table.
- To this cell, enter 1, and Ctrl + C will copy this cell.
- Choose your columns using the hyperlinks: To select the entire first column, click any cell containing data and then press Ctrl+Space.
- If you wish to pick multiple columns at once, choose the first column first, then while holding down the Ctrl key, click any cell in the second column, and then hit the Space key to select every cell in the second column without affecting the selection in the first column.
- Right-click any chosen cells to bring up the context menu, then choose “Paste Special“:
- Select the “Multiply” radio button in the “Operation” section of the “Paste Special” dialogue box:
- Hit “OK.” All links have been disabled.
How to Turn off Excel’s Automatic Hyperlink Creation?
- Select Excel Options from the Office button in Excel 2007.
- Navigate to the File Tab -> Options in Excel 2010 – 2019.
- Select the “Proofing” tab in the left column of the “Excel Options” dialogue box, then click the “AutoCorrect Options” button:
- Select the “AutoFormat As You Type” tab in the “AutoCorrect Options” dialogue box, then uncheck the “Internet and network routes with hyperlinks” checkbox.
- To end both dialogues and return to your Excel spreadsheet, click OK
- Now, you can enter any URL or email address into any cell, and Excel will maintain the plain text format:-)
- Use Ctrl+K to bring up the “Insert Hyperlink” dialogue box whenever you need to build a hyperlink.
So, this is all about how to remove hyperlinks in Excel. This tutorial also discusses how to disable hyperlinks in Microsoft Excel in a few clicks. Follow the step-by-step instructions carefully to remove and disable the Hyperlinks in Excel.
Moreover, if your Excel file is corrupted, you can use this professionally recommended Excel File Repair software to fix corrupt XLS and XLSX files. This is the best tool that helps you to repair and recover corrupted, damaged and inaccessible data in XLS and XLSX files.