Today here in this article I am going to discuss the common issue faced by the Excel users – how to recover deleted data from Excel sheet.
I guess, we all have faced Excel data loss or deletion issue in our life. Well, this is really a miserable situation as this can leads a serious big dilemma. Losing data not only cause data loss, in fact, the hours which you have spent in maintaining, organizing your data in Excel sheet and even cause many other issues.
Let define it best with personal experience:
HI soc! I’ve got a problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong Excel files, and now I need to recover them. But I have no idea how to do it? I’ve tried everything I know. Maybe anyone of you knows some programs or tools, which can help me?
My boyfriend will be shocked when he learns that I deleted his reports.
Please help me to hide this small crime ^^
Original Post from Microsoft Community…
Well, this is the serious issue or might be a SMALL CRIME as said in the user experience, but remember “Every Problem Comes With an Equal or Greater Opportunity.”
So, this can fix as there are some ways that you can try before opting for recovery software.
Here check it out…
Before moving further here check out some important points that you need to follow before recovering deleted data from Excel files.
*Points to Follow to Recover Deleted data from Excel Sheets:
- When your Excel files data are lost or deleted, DO NOT store any new data on the hard drive or on the storage medium where you have lots your Excel sheets data. As storing new data can overwrite the lost or deleted data from Excel sheet and you cannot restore lost Excel files.
- Try to recover lost or deleted data from Excel files immediately, because the longer you wait the chances of Excel data recovery becomes less.
- If you are looking to download and install Excel file recovery software then do not install it on the hard drive from which you lost Excel documents.
- To recover deleted data from SD card, mobile, USB and other, connect your device to your PC.
Well, there are many reasons that cause data loss in Excel files such as accidentally deleting Excel sheets, hard drive failure, or unintentionally delete an XLS spreadsheet, file system corruption or incorrect data operation on storage drive and many others can cause data loss.
And, to recover deleted data from Excel sheets follow the above-given points as soon as you lost data. Now know some manual ways to restore deleted data from Excel sheets.
Step 1: Recover Deleted Excel Files by Restoring the Previous Version
This is a very helpful process for the users who are looking to recover excel files or documents in partitions, not the desktop.
Here follow the ways to do so:
- Open This PC/ My Computer> locate the folder where you have saved the deleted Excel files > right-click the folder > select Restore previous versions > and choose the versions that you need > click Restore.
Please Note: This process only works when you have created backups by utilizing Window Backup. But if this is not turned ON, then this might not work for you.
You May Also Read:
Step 2: Restore Excel Files from Recycle Bin
This is also an option to recover deleted/lost Excel files. So if you have created Excel files on the desktop and gets deleted due to any reason, then the simple way is to look in your recycle bin to restore Excel files.
- Just open Recycle bin > Find and right-click the deleted Excel files > select Restore.
Step 3: Use Excel Autosave and AutoRecover Features
You can make use of the Excel Autosave and AutoRecover the two best features to restore Excel data but if they are enabled.
The Excel AutoSave is a tool that automatically saves the new document created just now but hasn’t saved yet.
And the Excel AutoRecover allow the users recovering unsaved files. With the help of this, you can recover last saved version displayed in the Document Recovery Pane, when the Excel file is started next time.
These two Excel features are really very helpful for Excel data recovery, and the best is that the option comes ON by default in Excel file.
However, the AutoRecover feature is by default set to automatically save changes in every 10 minutes. You can increase or decrease the time period as per your recommendation.
Well, these are some of the manual ways that help you to recover deleted data from Excel sheets but if still, you are unable to recover Excel data then restore it by making use of the trusted MS Excel Repair Tool.
Recover Deleted Excel Data With MS Excel Repair Tool:
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool to recover lost/deleted Excel data. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. With the help of this, you can fix all sort of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks. This is a unique tool to repair multiple excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating system. This supports the entire Excel versions and the demo version is free.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Tips to Avoid Data Loss Situation:
- Always make the backup of the files, folder before deleting it.
- Make use of the “Delete” key during deleting Excel sheets as if you find it important, you can restore it easily from the recycle bin.
- Utilize good antivirus software to prevent the Excel files corruption with a virus.
- Do not add recovered files on the original location where you have lost XLXs files.
Well, these are some of the tips that will help you to overcome the small crime – data loss in Excel sheets or Excel file data loss.
So make use of them to avoid future issues, and also make use of the given ways to recover deleted data in Excel sheets.
Nevertheless, In case you have any additional workarounds that proved successful or questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments section below or you can also visit our Repair MS Excel Ask Question