Microsoft Excel is a powerful application used worldwide for performing various tasks.
This is the best spreadsheet software application used in the individual as well as professional life…
… for maintaining and analyzing data.
This is used for carrying out complex calculation as well as for data analysis too.
MS Excel is the popular application in the Microsoft Office suite.
Excel files are used for managing the crucial data…
… but there is also a fact about it is this is very much prone to corruption.
MS Excel commonly gets corrupted and starts showing the runtime errors.
The Runtime errors are very common and this crop up anytime while using Excel file.
And today in this article we are describing another Excel file runtime error 13.
The Runtime file error 13 is a type of mismatch error usually arises when one or more files or processes are required for launching a program that by default utilizes the Visual Basic (VB) environment.
There are many reasons behind getting the Excel file runtime error…
…when the Excel file gets corrupted this start showing runtime error.
Here follow some the common reasons and as well as the how to fix the Excel file runtime error 13.
Reasons Behind Getting the Excel File Error 13:
- The runtime error commonly occurs due to the conflict between the software and operating system
- When a missing menu function or a macro is clicked on by user from Excel file
- Due to the corrupt or incomplete installation of Microsoft Excel software.
- Due to virus and malware infection as this corrupts the Windows system files or Excel related files
- Also due to conflict with other programs while opening VBA Excel file
Well, these are some of the common reason for getting the Excel file runtime error 13.
So before moving towards the fixes given here…
…first check out the reasons for the corruption and try to fix them.
Ways to Fix Excel File Runtime Error 13:
You May Also Like:
1. Make use of the Open and Repair Utility
It is recommended to make use of the Open and Repair Utility.
This is the inbuilt utility to repair corrupted Excel file.
Here follow the steps to do so:
- In the File menu> click “Open”
- And select corrupt Excel file > from the drop-down list of open tab > select “Open and Repair”
- Lastly, click on “Repair” button.
However, it is found that the inbuilt repair utility fails to repair the severely damaged Excel file.
2. Uninstall the Program
It is found some application and software causes the runtime error.
So, to fix the Excel file error, simply uninstall the problematic apps and programs.
- First, go to the Task Manager and stop the running programs.
- Then in the start menu > select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel > choose Add or Remove Program.
- Here, you will get the list of installed programs on your PC.
- Then from the list select Microsoft Work.
- Click on uninstall to remove it from the PC.
Hope doing this will fix the Excel file Runtime error 13, but if not then follow the third solution.
3. Scan for Virus/Malware
Well, it is found that if your Windows operating system in having virus and malware…
…then this might corrupt the Excel and as a result, you start facing the runtime file error 13.
So, it is recommended to scan your system with the best antivirus program.
And makes your system malware-free as well as also fix the runtime error 13.
4. Recover Missing Macros
Well, as it is found that users are getting the runtime error due to the missing macros,
So try to recover the missing Macros.
Here follow the steps to do so:
- Open the new Excel file > and set the calculation mode to Manual
- Now from the Tools menu select Macro > select Security > High option.
- If you are using Excel 2007, then click Office button > Excel Options > Trust Center in the left panel
- And click on Trust Center Settings button > Macro Settings > Disable All Macros without Notification in the Macro Settings section > click OK twice.
- Now, open corrupted workbook. If Excel opens the workbook > a message appears that the macros are disabled.
- But if in case Excel shut down, then this method is not workable.
- Next press [Alt] + [F11] for opening the Visual Basic Editor (VBE).
- Make use of the Project Explorer (press [Ctrl]+R) > right-click a module > Export File.
- Type name and folder for the module > and repeat this step as many times as required to export the entire modules.
- Finally, close the VBE and exit
Now open the new blank workbook (or the recently constructed workbook that contains recovered data from the corrupted workbook) and import the modules.
Hope after following the given solution you are able to fix the runtime file error 13.
Well, these are the some of the workarounds that will help you to fix the Excel file error manually.
However, if you are still facing the Excel Runtime file error 13 then make use of the third party automatic repair tool.
Automatic Solution: MS Excel Repair Tool
It is recommended to make use of the MS Excel Repair Tool. This is the best tool to repair all sort of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. This is a unique tool to repair multiple excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating system.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope after following the given fixes you are able to fix the Excel runtime file error 13.
I tried my best to provide the ample information about the runtime error and possible workarounds…
… that will help you to fix the excel file error.
So, just make use of the solutions given and check whether the Excel error is fixed or not.
In case you have any additional workarounds that proved successful or questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments.