In this article, I am gonna discuss about Microsoft Excel Error Code 0x800A03EC. After going through the article, you will know the causes and other essentail detail about the error.
I have also listed down some best fixes to resolve OLE error code 0x800a03ec. So check them out…!
Error 0x800A03EC: MS Excel has faced an issue and requires to be ended. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
What Are The Circumstances Under Which Error 0x800A03EC Occur?
- “Error 0x800A03EC” takes place and an active program of the window crashes.
- “Excel error: object returned error code: 0x800a03ec” is displayed.
- The window starts running in a sluggish manner and reacts slowly to the input of the keyboard or mouse.
- Your PC periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
Why I Am Getting Error 0x800A03EC In Excel?
Excel 0x800A03EC error code might occur due to the following reasons:
- Installing the program can cause the OLE error code 0x800a03ec.
- While running a Microsoft Corporation-related software program (eg. Microsoft Excel).
- During the installation of an operating system of Windows.
- Corrupt download or unfinished Microsoft Excel program installation.
- Corruption in the registry of Windows from a modern Microsoft Excel-related tool change (installs or uninstall).
- An additional program spitefully or misguidedly erased Microsoft Excel-related files.
- Due to virus/malware infection.
Runtime Error like “Error 0x800A03EC” could be the resultant of a wide range of aspects, so it’s significant that you resolve each of the promising reasons to avert it from returning.
How To Fix Error Code 0x800A03EC?
Here are the following fixes that you all must try to fix Excel error 0x800A03EC.
1: Conduct a Full Malware Scan
Solution 1: Conduct a Full Malware Scan
It is found that due to the malware infection the Excel file gets corrupted and starts showing errors. So, here it is recommended to conduct a full malware scan.
You can make use of the Virus Removal Tool, to scan and make the system virus-free.
Solution 2: Run SFC/Scannow
In many cases, the corrupted Windows system files cause the error. So try to run the SFC scan to restore the corruption of Window system files.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Win + X keys > choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- And as Command Prompt opens > enter sfc /scannow > press Enter.
- Wait for the whole action to complete (Approx. 15 min.)
Solution 3: Perform Open And Repair
Try to make use of the inbuilt Open and Repair utility to repair the corrupted Excel file. To make use it follows the below-given steps:
Follow the given instruction:
- Click on Open > and select corrupted Excel file from the list.
- Next from the“Open” tab > select “Open and Repair”.
- And click on the Repair button to repair Excel files.
Now check whether the Excel error 0x800A03EC is fixed or not. if not then try to extract data
- Click on Open > select the corrupt file.
- And from the list of Open tab > select Open and Repair Option.
- Next, click the Extract button to extract data from a corrupt file.
Go With The Recommended To Fix 0x800a03ec Excel Error:
If you are still not able to fix the error using all the above-mentioned methods, then the most recommended solution for you will be to make use of the MS Excel Repair Tool. This file is highly competent to repair your corrupt or damaged file.
This is capable of restoring and repairing corrupt Excel files. The entire data including charts, worksheet properties, cell comments, and other data is recovered in the preferred location.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
I tried my best to put together the entire working solution to fix OLE error code 0x800a03ec.
Make use of the given solutions one by one and check which one works for you.
You can also make use of the automatic solution to fix Excel error 0x800A03EC easily.
Additionally, Excel is a very crucial file so, it is important to handle it carefully and follow the best preventive methods to avoid Excel file corruption.
Despite it, always create valid backup of crucial Excel data and as well scan your system with a good antivirus program for virus and malware infection.
If, in case you have any additional questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments section below or you can also visit our Repair MS Excel Facebook and Twitter page.