MS Excel is a very important application used for maintaining, organizing crucial data. But it is seen that sometimes due to minor issue Excel file get corrupted, and start showing error. Here in this article, we describe the most irritating excel error 0x800A03EC.
Error 0x800A03EC: MS Excel has faced an issue and requires to be ended. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Symptoms of Error 0x800A03EC:
- “Error 0x800A03EC” takes place and an active program of the window crashes.
- “Excel ? Error Object Returned Error Code 0X800A03Ec” is displayed.
- The window starts running in a sluggish manner and reacts slowly to the input of keyboard or mouse.
- Your PC periodically “freezes” for few seconds a time.
Causes of Error 0x800A03EC:
The 0x800A03EC error code might occur
- Installing of the program can cause the error
- While running a Microsoft Corporation-related software program (eg. Microsoft Excel).
- During the installation of an operating system of Windows.
- Corrupt download or unfinished Microsoft Excel program installation.
- Corruption in the registry of Windows from a modern Microsoft Excel-related tool change (installs or uninstall).
- An additional program spitefully or misguidedly erased Microsoft Excel-related files.
- Due to virus/malware infection
Being aware of where and when a 0x800A03EC error occurs will help you to troubleshoot the runtime error.
Runtime Error like “Error 0x800A03EC” could be resultant of a wide range of aspects, so it’s significant that you resolve each of the promising reasons to avert it from returning.
You May Also Read:
- How To Recover Excel From The “Cannot Copy .Xls.” Error Message
- 5 Most Irritating MS Excel Errors While Saving XLS/XLSX Files and Their Fixes
- Fix Excel Error “Invalid XLS File Format” On Windows OS
Manual Solution to Repair Error Code 0x800A03EC
Solution 1: Conduct a Full Malware Scan
It is found that due to the malware infection the Excel file gets corrupted and starts showing error. So, here it is recommended to conduct a full malware scan.
You can make use of the Virus Removal Tool, to scan and make the system virus free.
Solution 2: Run SFC/Scannow
In many cases, the corrupted Windows system files cause the error. So try to run the SFC scan to restore the corruption of Window system files.
Follow the steps to do so:
- Press Win + X keys > choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- And as Command Prompt opens > enter sfc /scannow > press Enter
- Wait for the whole action to complete (Approx. 15 min.)
Solution 3: Perform Open and Repair
Try to make use of the inbuilt Open and Repair utility to repair the corrupted Excel file. To make use it follows the below-given steps:
Follow the given instruction:
- Click on Open > and select corrupted Excel file from the list
- Next from the“Open” tab > select “Open and Repair”
- And click on Repair button to repair Excel files.
Now check whether the Excel error 0x800A03EC is fixed or not. if not then try to extract data
- Click on Open > select the corrupt file
- And from the list of Open tab > select Open and Repair Option
- Next click Extract button to extract data from corrupt file
Automatic Solution to Fix 0x800A03EC:
If you are still not able to fix the error using all above-mentioned methods, then the most recommended solution for you will be to make use of MS Excel Repair Tool. This file is highly competent to repair your corrupt or damaged file. This is capable of repairing and restoring corrupt excel file. The entire data including charts, worksheet properties, cell comments, and other data is recovered in the preferred location.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
I tried my best to put together the entire working solution to fix Excel error 0x800A03EC.
Make use of the given solutions one by one and check which one works for you.
You can also make use of the automatic solution to fix Excel error 0x800A03EC easily.
Additionally, Excel is a very crucial file so, it is important to handle it carefully and follow the best preventive methods to avoid Excel file corruption.
Despite it, always create a valid backup of your crucial Excel data and as well scan your system with good antivirus program for virus and malware infection.
If, in case you have any additional questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments section below or you can also visit our Repair MS Excel Ask Question