Are you unable to open Excel file? Are you getting errors while opening the Excel file? Is your excel file has become corrupt? How to fix the errors in excel file? Can errors in excel be fixed? The solution to fix the excel error has been mentioned in this blog.
Microsoft excel has become an important part from the business point of view. It is now used in all types of business, such as small scale, medium scale or large scale business. As it can be used to perform all types of transaction and maintain all the data at a single place. Now suppose, if you are unable to open the excel file, then it would also affect your business. So in order to fix this excel error you have to perform few manual steps to fix it.
The manual way to fix corrupt excel file.
Here are some manual methods by which you can fix the corrupt excel file.
- You have to open Excel 2010.
- Then select the Files and then click on options.
- Choose Trust Center and then select Trust center settings.
- Choose the Protected view.
- In the Protected View, uncheck all the options and then select OK.
- Now restart Excel and open any Excel documents.
In this way you would be able to open the Excel file. After opening the file you have to perform the following steps:
- After opening the document save it in Office new format that is in .xlsx format.
- Then select the File then Options, after that choose Trust Center, tab on Trust Center settings and then select the Protected View.
- Under the Protected View, you have to check all the options again and then select on OK.
- Now restart your Excel 2010.
In this way you are activating the security option on your excel file, as this would help you to open the file with security.
- Open Excel 2010.
- You have to open the file, and then select the options.
- Click on the Trust center and then select Trust Center Settings.
- Select the Trusted location and then add a new location on your any drive as per user’s choice.
In this you will find that the corrupt excel file can be opened in an easy way.
- On the C drive, you have to copy the filename.xlsx, in order to find it quicker.
- As an Administrator, you have to run the command prompt.
- Using rename command “rename filename.xlsx filename.xls”, change the file extension to xls.
- Now open the file in excel.
In this way you can repair and restore the complete data in Excel 2010.
You can also repair your Office Program in the following ways:
- Click on Start, select Control Panel and then choose Programs and Features.
- Click on the Office program that you want to repair, and then select on Change.
- Click on Repair and then Continue.
- After the repairing process is complete, restart your system.
In this way corrupt excel file issues are resolved. If in case you find that the above-mentioned methods are complicated then, in that case, you can fix the excel file with the help of MS Excel Repair Tool. This is a professional software, that can easily repair the corrupt excel file. It can be used to recover everything such as worksheet properties, charts, cell comments, and other data. It recovers complete text and other data file and restores them without modifying the original format.
Steps to fix the corrupt excel file:
Step 1: To start the process, download and install MS Excel repair Tool and then select “OK” button.
Step 2:By clicking on “Select file”button, select the corrupt .xls or .xlsx file. In order to search a .xls or .xlsx file in specific folder click on “Select folder”. In a particular drive in order to search a .xls or .xlsx file click on the “Search file” button.
Step 3: After selecting the corrupt file click on “Scan” button to begin the scanning process.
Step 4: You can see the scanning process is in progress
Step 5: After the scanning is finished, you can preview your corrupt file from the right panel.
Step 6: Hit on the “repair” button to begin the repair process.
Step 7: Select the desired location to save the repaired excel file and after that hit on “OK”.
So if you are unable to open the excel file, then there are chances that it might have become corrupt. So in this case, it can be recovered by following the above-mentioned methods or with the help of MS Excel repair tool.