Are you the one wondering where your Excel data has gone? Looking to get back disappear data in Excel then RELAX!!! This is no any miracle, here in this article check out the complete information how to recover hidden data in MS Excel.
Well, we all know how popular Microsoft Excel is! This is undoubtedly a very helpful application used for importing, formatting data, designing spreadsheets, tables, documents and even perform plenty other functions.
Microsoft Excel provides various functions, formulae and the freedom to format and even modify the rows and columns; however, this is some cases might cause the Excel data to disappear.
Well, this is a very irritating situation, so here check out the common reasons that cause data disappearance and as well as how to restore hidden data in Excel.
Possible Reasons Responsible For Data Disappearing in MS Excel
1. Format Conversion: Microsoft offers various options for saving Excel file in different formats such as text, spreadsheet, webpage and much more.
Well, saving the spreadsheet in other formats might cause to missing data. For instance: if you keep the spreadsheet into basic text can cause the entire formulas and calculation disappearance used in the data.
So, in this case, the best is to remove the entire calculation before saving the file. However, if the Excel spreadsheet is shared on numerous systems, then try saving the file in Compatibility Mode.
2. Unsaved Work: Well, this is common reason responsible for data disappearance. In many cases, it happens the users forget to save the file at the regular interval, during working on the spreadsheet.
For instance: if you close the Excel workbook after entering some vital information and unexpectedly click on “NO” button on the popup appeared, then MS Excel file might be saved without newly added information and as a result, the unsaved data disappears from the spreadsheet.
However for saving the unsaved Excel data automatically, there is a time setter, well if the time setter is set to lower time limit then the unsaved data might get lost.
3. Cell Formatting: Excel provides plenty of formatting features to make the data creating easy. The Cells and Data in the cells could be modified in different colours for making the spreadsheet easy to create and understandable.
Well, these entire features are helpful but if you modify data mistakenly and change the colour, size and calculation of entered data might result in data disappearance.
Although the data still exists in the cell but causes issue or error due to below-given reasons:
- In the white coloured cell, the while coloured won’t appears
- In the small-sized cell, the large font sized data might not appear
- After cell formatting, the calculations might show error
4. Merging Cells: While the cells are merged into Excel, two or more than two cell data are combined for making one large cell. This is commonly used with the spreadsheet Title.
Well, merging cells only displays the text from the top left the cell and the other cells data are deleted.
Hence if the other merged cells are having plenty of data, then after merging, the data disappears or get erased. It also does not display even after remerging the cells.
These are some of the common reasons for data disappearance in Excel. Now check out the ways to recovering hidden data.
You May Also Read:
- 3 Methods to Recover Excel File That Was Saved Over
- Fix 3 Excel Errors That Occur Due To Corruption & Recover Lost Data
- 3 Manual Ways to Recover Deleted Data from Excel Sheet
How to Recover Data Disappeared in Excel
Method 1: Utilize Excel Repair Option
The option is provided by the Microsoft for restoring the Excel files.
Follow the steps given below:
- Very first you need to restart your system this is necessary before starting the repair functions.
- Next, go to Control Panel > click Programs and Settings
- Find Office > right click on it > from available options click on Change
- You can see a Repair option is displayed > click on Repair
- Open the MS Excel file to check data is fixed or not.
Hope doing this will resolve the issue, but if not then the best is to make use of the third party MS Excel Repair Tool.
Automatic Solution: MS Excel Repair Tool
You can make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool to repair corrupt, damaged as well as errors in Excel file. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. With the help of this, you can fix all sort of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks. This is a unique tool to repair multiple excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating system. This supports the entire Excel versions and the demo version is free.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Summing it Up:
So, this is all about how to get back disappear data in Excel.
Well, this is the common problem and anyone can suffer from this. But this is not a problem that can’t be fixed.
Feel free to make use of the MS Excel Repair tool and recover entire data easily.
Additionally, Excel is an essential application and used in daily life, so it is recommended to handle the Excel file properly and follow best preventive steps to protect your Excel files from getting corrupted.
Despite it, always create a valid backup of your crucial Excel data and as well scan your system with good antivirus program for virus and malware infection.
If, in case you have any additional questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments section below or you can also visit our Repair MS Excel Ask Question