Microsoft Excel is a very popular application of Microsoft Office. This is used to carry out various functions like carry out complex calculations easily, data entry, maintaining stats, financial data and many others.
Excel is quite a complex application besides its popularity. This is used by the professional as well as for personal use. Excel is having various inbuilt features and functions to make the work easy for the users like macros, fill handle, pivot table etc.
But there are many cases seen when the Excel file gets corrupted and its features as well.
So in this article, I am here to share the complete information about how to recover macros from corrupted workbooks.
A Macro is one of the most powerful but underutilized features of Excel. And this can be defined as the recording of a series of tasks in Excel workbook. This is commonly used for replacing the repetitive series of keyboard and mouse actions in MS Excel spreadsheet.
Making use of the Macros will help you to save your precious time and even increase your productivity.
But in many cases, the Excel workbooks get corrupted and as a result of the entire data stored in it also gets corrupted.
Moreover, in many cases, it is seen the recovering the macros will help you to recover data from corrupt Excel file.
And many users are found looking for the working solution to recover it.
Let describe it best with the user’s experience:
I have a file that I ran some macro on it, I had the function on a text file but it has been deleted, so I just need to get the macro back, I still have the file that I ran the function on it but when I go to the macros by typing Alt+F8 the list is empty, I try to create a function in order to get into Microsoft Visual Basic window (when I put the function in the first place) and search there to see if the function I saved somewhere but it didn’t… is there any way that I can find the function from the file that I ran the function on it? Like history that keeps all macros that used on the file or something like that?
Original post from Microsoft Community…
Try come working solutions to recover macros from the corrupted workbook
How to Recover Macros from Corrupt Excel File:
Well, there are certain ways that help you to recover macros, but this also depends on some parts such as how corrupted the Excel workbook is, where is the corruption really located?
However it is seen when the data is recovered from the corrupted Excel workbook, then the users can recover macros as well.
To make the work easy first try to restore data from the corrupt Excel workbook, by making use of the MS Excel Repair Tool to recover and repair the corrupt Excel file automatically.
Now try some of the working steps that help you to recover macros from a corrupted workbook.
You May Also Read:
- Learn Top Ways to Ignore or Handle All Errors in MS Excel
- 5 Ways to Repair and Recover Corrupt MS Excel 2013 File
- Fix 3 Excel Errors That Occur Due To Corruption & Recover Lost Data
Method 1: Set the Calculation Method to Manual
When the Excel file fails to open the workbook on its own then this step will help you to fix the issue.
Follow steps to reset calculation setting:
- Open Excel file but not the corrupted
- Then from Tools menu > choose Options > click Calculation tab.
- In Excel 2007, click the Office button > Excel Options > choose Formulas in the left panel.
- Lastly in the Calculation section > click Manual >
Hope doing this will help you to recover corrupted workbook data.
Now after setting the calculation mode to manual try the below-given steps to restore macros in corrupted Excel file.
- After setting the calculation mode to manual
- From Tools menu choose Macro > select Security > High option. Or in Excel 2007, click Office button > choose Excel Options > select Trust Center in the left panel.
- Next, click on the Trust Center Settings button > choose Macro Settings >Disable All Macros (without Notification in the Macro Settings section) > click OK
- Then open the corrupted workbook and if the workbook opens, a notice appears Macros are disabled.
- But if in case the Excel don’t open or shut down, then this method won’t work for you.
- Now hit Alt+F11to open the Visual Basic Editor (VBE).
- Now press Ctrl + R to use the Project Explorer > locate module you want to Save
- And right click the module name > select Export File
- Close VBE > exit Excel
- Close the VBA Editor and get out of Excel.
- And then in its own file saved module > import it into another workbook
Hope doing this will help you to recover macros from corrupted Excel file. This solution has worked for many users, so try it.
But if this won’t work for you then it is best to make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool.
Automatic Solution: MS Excel Repair Tool
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool to repair corrupt, damaged as well as errors in Excel file. This tool allows to easily restore all corrupt excel file including the charts, worksheet properties cell comments, and other important data. With the help of this, you can fix all sort of issues, corruption, errors in Excel workbooks. This is a unique tool to repair multiple excel files at one repair cycle and recovers the entire data in a preferred location. It is easy to use and compatible with both Windows as well as Mac operating system. This supports the entire Excel versions and the demo version is free.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Well, this is all about how to recover macros from corrupted Excel.
Well, Macros is a important function of Excel and this makes the work easy for the users also.
And if the Excel file is corrupted recovering this will make the work easy for you.
So, here I have tried my best to share with you the easy methods to recover macros from corrupted workbook easily.
Additionally, Excel is an essential application and used in daily life, so it is recommended to handle the Excel file properly and follow best preventive steps to protect your Excel files from getting corrupted.
Despite it, always create a valid backup of your crucial Excel data and as well scan your system with good antivirus program for virus and malware infection.
If, in case you have any additional questions concerning the ones presented, do tell us in the comments section below or you can also visit our Repair MS Excel Ask Question