Is your excel file gets corrupted and you are unable to open your Excel file? Every time while trying to open excel file getting the error “the file corrupt and cannot be opened”. Then don’t panic as there are ways to repair Excel error and recovers the excel file easily.
Microsoft Excel is very important for the business as well as professional life. This is most prominently used in large as well as small sectors. It is easy to perform all types of transaction and maintain the entire data at a single place. But what if it gets corrupted and you are unable to open the excel file. This is really very bothersome situation as you can lose your data and can affect the business and professional life.
Here in this article, we are going to describe the commonly faced the file is corrupt and cannot be opened error in excel. Users are found complaining they are encountering a random error the file is corrupted and cannot be opened excel 2016 and 2010 while accessing the excel file. This error is not limited to the excel 2010 and 2016 it can be faced by any version of the excel file. So to fix this irritating error follow the solution to fix the error.
Here’s the Deal…
Manual Solution to Resolve Excel File Corrupt and Cannot be Opened Error:
Here are some manual methods which help you to fix this file is corrupted and cannot be opened excel error.
- You have to open Excel 2010.
- Then select the Files and then click on options.
- Choose Trust Center and then select Trust center settings.
- Choose the Protected view.
- In the Protected View, uncheck all the options and then select OK.
- Now restart Excel and open any Excel documents.
In this way, you would be able to open the Excel file. After opening the file you have to perform the following given steps:
- After opening the document save it in Office new format that is in .xlsx format.
- Then select the File then Options, after that choose Trust Center, tab on Trust Center settings and then select the Protected View.
- Under the Protected View, you have to check all the options again and then select on OK.
- Now restart your Excel 2010.
In this way, you are activating the security option on your excel file, and this will help you fix the file is corrupted and cannot be opened excel 2010 error, now you can open the file with security.
- Open Excel 2010.
- You have to open the file, and then select the options.
- Click on the Trust center and then select Trust Center Settings.
- Select the Trusted location and then add a new location on your any drive as per user’s choice.
This method will help you to open the corrupt excel file easily.
- On the C drive, you have to copy the filename.xlsx, in order to find it quicker.
- As an Administrator, you have to run the command prompt.
- Using rename command “rename filename.xlsx filename.xls“, change the file extension to xls.
- Now open the file in excel.
Hope by following this method you can repair file is corrupted and cannot be opened error and also restore the entire data in Excel 2010. But if not then make use of the method 4:
Here you need to repair your Office Program, follow the ways to do so:
- Click on Start, select Control Panel and then choose Programs and Features.
- Now, click on the Office program that you want to repair, and then select on Change.
- Click on Repair and then Continue.
- After the repairing process is complete, restart your system.
Hope the above-given manual solutions works for you to get rid of the excel file is corrupted and cannot be opened error. but if none of the methods was beneficial then the last option left is to make use of the automatic solution to fix the error and start using your excel file without any hassle.
Professional Recommended Solution:
Make use of the best repair utility MS Excel Repair Tool. This is a professional recommended solution to easily repair both .xls and .xlsx file. This easily resolves the excel file issues and restores the excel data without any modification done to it. It is a unique tool that can repair multiple corrupted excel file at one time and also recover everything included charts, cell comments, worksheet properties and other data. This can recover the corrupt excel file to a new blank file. It is extremely easy to use even a novice user can use it and supports both Windows as well as Mac operating system.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope now you are able to get rid of the file is corrupted and cannot be opened error in Excel file. We have tried our best to provide the solutions to get rid of the error, so just make use of it and start using excel file now.