MS Excel is a popular application used for storing crucial information. This helps the users to calculate, manipulate, organize and manage the data easily at one place. Both big and small organizations use Excel file for managing their data. But, this likes others MS office file too gets corrupted and cannot be opened.
Here in this article, we are going to describe Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications error message. This is a common error faced by the user when they try to open the excel file. Follow the causes as well as fixes to get rid of Excel cannot complete this task error.
The error occurs generally during storing large data upon Excel file. For Eg. – data stored in the spreadsheet is more than 10,000 rows. Can make the excel file corrupted or inaccessible and as a result, start showing excel cannot complete this task with available resources error message.
Resolve Excel Cannot Complete this Task with Available Resources 2010/2013 Error:
You May Also Like:
Follow the given steps:
- Close all application on your system, including Excel files and then re-open an Excel sheet.
- Disable any unwanted formatting in your spreadsheet
- Select all by pressing Ctrl + A
- Then on the right-hand side, click “Clear” and then click on “Clear Formats”.
- Any unnecessary background application should be closed by following the steps below:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager.
- Click on “Processes” tab.
- Select the program that you want to close.
Please Note – Do not close the task where the username is “System”, it can result in hanging your system.
- Now click the “end task” to close the applications.
- Set automatic calculation to manual
Excel calculates the formula automatically if any change is made by default. But for increasing the performance of Excel, the automatic calculation should be set to manual using steps given below:
- Click on “File” then click “Option”
- Under Calculation option select “Manual”
- Click OK
Please Note: – For performing any calculation manually go to “Formula” section and select “Calculate Now”.
- Disable background or startup program permanently
- Press Windows key + R
- Type msconfig and click OK.
- In the “General” tab select “Selective Startup”.
- And, in the “Startup” tab, disable (uncheck) any items which are not needed.
- Now, in the “services” tab, select “Hide all Microsoft services”, then uncheck or disable any items which are not needed.
- Select “OK” and restart your computer.
- Split your data into several multiple spreadsheets.
- Upgrade hardware and software
- Increase your system Ram e.g. from 2 to 4 or 4 to 8.
- Upgrade your Excel to 64 bit, which takes benefit of more than 2 GB RAM and enables much larger workbooks.
Hope by following the given solution, error excel cannot complete this task with available resources. choose less data or close application is solved. But if in case not then make use of the third-party repair utility to fix the error easily.
Automatic Solution to Fix the Error:
Make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool, this is designed with the advanced algorithm to repair all sort of damages, corruption, and errors in the excel file. It is a unique tool that repairs multiple corrupted excel file at one time and also recovers everything included charts, cell comments, worksheet properties and other data. It can recover the corrupt excel file to a new blank file. This is extremely easy to use and supports both Windows as well as Mac operating system.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope by following this article the excel cannot complete this task with available resources 2010 is fixed. Now you are able to start using your excel file easily. In this article, we have provided a manual as well as automatic solution to get rid of the error. You can make use of any solution according to your desire and start using your excel file without any hassle.