Microsoft Excel is a very popular spreadsheet; this is used globally for organizing, calculating, and format data with formulas. This is commonly used in the professional as well personal life. But apart from its popularity, this like other MS office files gets corrupted and starts showing Filename.xls Error.
Here in this article, we are going to describe the recent error faced by the users “Excel found unreadable content in .xlsx” error or “Excel found unreadable content in [filename].xls”. this error can be faced accidentally due to a minor mistake like sometimes it happens that excel file get opened after clicking the “Yes” button but unfortunately there are some chances of replacement of formulas or lost formatting. Moreover, most of the times, this error is followed by several errors while clicking on “Yes”. So here know how to fix excel found unreadable content in .xls 2010 do you want to recover the contents of this workbook and also know the causes behind getting the error.
Causes Behind Getting Excel Unreadable Content Error Are:
- Due to corruption of the entire excel file
- Corruption of one or more object in the excel file
- Or else due to virus or malware as this damage the excel file data
These are some of the causes that are responsible for getting the error. Know to fix it follow the manual as well as the automatic solution. If the manual solution won’t help you to fix the unreadable content in excel error, then the last option is the automatic solution to fix it automatically without any hassle.
You may also like:
- How To Recover Excel From The “Cannot Copy .Xls.” Error Message
- REPAIR EXCEL ERROR “FILE NAME XLS CANNOT BE ACCESSED” ON WINDOWS/MAC
- How to fix “The file is corrupt and cannot be opened” excel error
- Fix Excel Error “Invalid XLS File Format” On Windows OS
Manual Solution to Fix Excel Found Unreadable Content In .Xlsx/.Xls
Follow the methods given below to fix it:
- First Try to open your ‘.xls or .xlsx’ file by making it ‘read-only’
- Now click on the ‘Office button’ and then select ‘save’ for a new document or ‘save as’ for the previously saved document.
- Next, you have to click on the ‘Tools’ and then select ‘General Option’.
- Last but not the least, click on the ‘read-only’ check-box to make document read-only.
- Now you have to open a new and blank ‘.xls/.xlsx’ file and then copy the whole data from the corrupted Excel file to this new one. Now simply save this file and try to open it again.
It is observed that installing the ‘Visual Basic’ component of MS Office 2010 resolves the error message. You can apply the steps mentioned below in order to proceed with the steps to fix the issue:
- Move to Control Panel> Programs > select Microsoft Office 2010,
- And then click Change-> Add or Remove Programs-> now click the ‘plus’ sign provided next to Office Shared Features at the bottom of this list
- After this, click Visual Basic for Applications> and right-click and Select Run from My Computer
- Click Continue.
- Next thing you need to do is to reboot your system when this process finishes in order getting the data recovered after fixing the issue.
Hope that now the Excel unreadable content is fixed, but if in case not yet then make use of the automatic solution to fix the error easily.
Professional Recommended Automatic Solution:
Make use of the best ever MS Excel Repair Tool, this is designed with the advanced algorithm to detect and fix any sort of corruption, damage as well as errors in the excel file. Not only this, it allows to recovers the entire data including charts, cell comments, worksheet properties and other data. It can recover the corrupt excel file to a new blank file. It is extremely easy to use even a novice user can use it and supports both Windows as well as Mac operating system
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope this article helps you to repair the Excel found unreadable content in [filename] .xls error and recovers excel file data. In this article we have provided a manual as well as automatic solution to get rid of the error, you can make use of any solution according to your desire.