While trying to save the workbook, users found complaining that they are receiving the error messages “Microsoft Excel cannot access the file ‘Network path’”. This is a really very annoying error faced by the users and if you are the one suffering from the same pain then here in this article you will get the complete solution to fix the error without any hassle.
Reasons Behind Getting the Error:
- Because the file name or path does not exist.
- The file that user tries to open is used by another program. So, close the document in other program and try again.
- The workbook that you are trying to save is having the same name as of another document that is read-only. So try to save the workbook with a different name.
This issue might occur in the following given conditions:
- Saving the file to a network drive.
- The connection to the network drive is lost.
- Workbook might contain any of the following items:
- Visual Basic for Applications modules
- Embedded objects (like clip art)
You may also like:
- How To Recover Excel From The “Cannot Copy .Xls.” Error Message
- REPAIR EXCEL ERROR “FILE NAME XLS CANNOT BE ACCESSED” ON WINDOWS/MAC
- How to fix “The file is corrupt and cannot be opened” excel error
- Fix Excel Error “Invalid XLS File Format” On Windows OS
Manual Way To Fix Excel Saving File at Network Location Error:
To fix the error, add PivotTableNetworkResiliency and NetworkResiliency subkeys in the registry by making use of the following steps:
- Click on Start > Run > in the Open box > type regedit and click “OK”
- Now expand the items present on the left panel and click the Options folder
- Then on the Edit menu, > point to New and click DWORD Value.
- Type PivotTableNetworkResiliency, and hit ENTER.
- After that double-click on the PivotTableNetworkResiliency icon.
- Next in the Value data box, type ‘1’
- Click ‘OK’
That’s it, this will help you to fix the error. But if the manual solution won’t work for you then make use of the automatic MS Excel Repair Tool, this is the best tool to fix any sort of errors in Excel easily.
Automatic Repair Solution:
To fix the error make use of the professional recommended MS Excel Repair Tool is a special tool which is specifically designed to repair such kind of files so that one can easily continue to work in that file. This repair tool searches for .xls file in the folder specified by the user. The interface is very simple, with a large toolbar of buttons to add files or folder to the application. With this software, you can repair your corrupted Excel file. It can easily repair all corrupt excel file and also recover everything which includes cell comments, charts, worksheet properties and other related data. The corrupted excel file can be restored to a new blank Excel file. It has the ability to recover the complete data from the file and restore them even without modifying original formatting.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Tips to Prevent Excel worksheet from Getting Corrupted
You can prevent your excel sheet from being corrupted by following the below points:
- AutoSave: In order to prevent your excel from being corrupted, you can customize the AutoSave feature so that you can automatically save your file at regular intervals of time. However, the AutoSave feature does not make a backup copy of your file. It just protects your data if your computer unexpectedly quits.
- Automatic Backup: Always Create Backup option is included in Excel application which is used to always save the previous version of your Excel workbook when you save the changes to your current Excel workbook. This option helps you to protect against the corruption. The backup file will not include the most recent changes made to excel. This particular option can be accessed from the Save As dialog box by simply clicking General Options on the Tools menu.
- AutoRecover: In the latest version of the MS Office Excel, the AutoSave feature is replaced with the AutoRecover feature. This feature is quite different from the AutoSave feature as it saves a copy of the file to a specified location.
- Data Backup: One of the most common and the best way to prevent Excel file corruption is to backup your data on a regular basis. If you believe that the data stored in the Excel file is important for you then you should always save your files to at least two different locations so that you can easily access the file if the file at one location becomes corrupted.