Microsoft Excel is a world-widely used application by many big and large organizations. This file is used for processing all kinds of information and the worksheet often contains important data. There are many situations when the users face the problem while opening .xls, .xlt, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xltm, .xltx, .xlam file due to various errors or corruption in the Excel workbook.
This is really a very annoying issue as this leads to entire data loss situation. Here in this article follow the best solution to repair the excel XLS, XLT, XLSX, XLSM, XLTM, XLTX, XLAM files easily. But before moving further know the common causes responsible for the corruption of the Excel files, to avoid it in future.
Causes of Excel File Corruption:
There are many reasons behind the Excel files corruption, here follow some of the common reasons:
- Virus Attack: The most common way of the Excel file corruption is the virus attack. If your system is infected then this corrupts the Excel file also.
- Sudden System Shutdown: If you suddenly shut down the system or there is a sudden power failure that turns off your system unexpectedly then there is a chance that opened excel file may get corrupted.
- Large size file: When you store excess data in your excel file then it can result in the file corruption. It is always suggested not to store data in a large size so that it becomes corrupted.
- Hard Disk Failure: If the hard disk of the system has failed or there are some bad sectors on it where the excel file is stored then there are high chances of getting the file corrupted.
You may also like:
Repair Corrupt XLS/XLT/XLSX/XLSM/XLTM/XLTX/XLAM Files Manually:
1: Utilize Open and Repair Utility
Make use of the inbuilt Open and Repair utility to repair the corrupted Excel workbook available within the MS Excel application.
Follow the steps given below:
- Click on “Open” in the File Menu > select corrupted excel file
- Now, from the drop-down list of the “Open” tab > select “Open and Repair”
- Click on the “repair” button to repair the excel file.
Well, in some cases the inbuilt utility fails to repair the severely damaged file.
2. Move the File
Well, it is found that corrupted workbook is not really corrupted, it becomes inaccessible and the networks and server mark it as corrupted file. So if you fail to repair the apparently corrupted workbook that Excel can’t repair then try to move the corrupted file to another folder, drive or server. Hope this will help you to fix the issues and recovers the corrupted excel file.
If the above-given manual solution won’t work for you then make use of the third party Automatic Repair utility.
Automatic Solution to Repair Excel Files
You can make use of the professional MS Excel Repair Tool to fix the error automatically. This tool is designed with the advanced algorithm to fix any sort of corruptions, errors, damages in the excel file and recovers data. It can easily restore entire excel data includes cell comments, charts, worksheet properties and other related data. This is a unique tool to repair multiple files at one time and restore them even without modifying original formatting. It is easy to use, even a novice user can use it.
Steps to Utilize MS Excel Repair Tool:
Hope this article will help you to fix the XLS/XLT/XLSX/XLSM/XLTM/XLTX/XLAM and recovers the data stored in it easily. Here follow both the manual as well as an automatic solution; you can make use it as per your convenience.